Position Title: Assistant Administrator
Organization: Coastal Carolina Surgical Associates, P.A.
Location: Wilmington, NC
Manages front office (administrative) as well as carries out work projects assigned by CEO relative to practice operations on a daily basis. Assumes management responsibility in CEO’s absence.
- Work with CEO to establish and communicate written and oral policies and procedures for administrative operations and workflows.
- Orient, train, and directly supervise switchboard, medical records, and receptionist staff. Ensure employees are cross-trained.
- Assist CEO in day-to-day operations including calling appropriate repair personnel for building, heating and air, telephone, and computer problems.
- Ensure that office has appropriate janitorial, kitchen, and office supplies on hand.
- Serve as administrator “super-user” of practice management software.
- Compile data and prepare monthly physician productivity reports.
- Review invoices and receiving reports/packing slips when received for accuracy. Contact vendors with discrepancies.
- Maintain employee records on a confidential basis, including resumes, employment history, salary history, sick and vacation leave.
- Prepare payroll for processing by accounting firm.
- Administer new employee orientations and employee benefits
- Work with CEO to handle internal and external complaints regarding administrative issues.
- Assist with new physician/mid-level credentialing when necessary and periodic revalidations.
- Communicate problems to those in a position to solve them and solutions to those in a position to implement them.
- Support the practice’s primary business of practicing medicine by producing an administrative staff which is dedicated to a patient-service organization.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by CEO and physicians.
- Responsible for administrative staff. Reports to CEO and physicians.
High school graduate required. Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred. Previous medical office experience highly desired. Management experience desired. Ability to communicate clearly by telephone, in person, and in writing.
Negotiable based on experience.
Please Respond to:
Tessa Wolfarth at email@example.com.