Position Title: Clinical Services Director
Organization: Gastroenterology Associates, P.A.
Location: Hickory, NC
An exempt position responsible for planning, directing, coordinating, and supervising the delivery of health care in the Clinic. Must be prepared to deal with evolving integrated healthcare delivery systems, technological innovations, an increasingly growing patient volume, and restructuring of work.
- Manages clinical department with major focus on improving the business aspects of clinic operations and the quality of healthcare provided.
- Collaborates with administrative team and Physicians to optimize efficiency of a variety of services in Clinic.
- Studies and implements efficient patient flow in the clinic, patient needs/trends and suggests solutions to ongoing patient care and patient flow problems.
- Establishes and implements policies, objectives, and procedures for department.
- Compiles/analyzes data on patient outcomes, quality assurance results, budget/goal achievement, and performance/productivity and prepares reports for administration and the Shareholders.
- Participates in staff human resource planning and decisions, including hiring, training, supervision, and evaluating personnel and their work.
- Coordinates activities with other clinical managers, administrative staff, and physicians.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of government/legal regulations and requirements related to healthcare.
- Knowledge of health care delivery trends and implications for clinical specialty, specifically in GI, and for the medical practice.
- Knowledge of planning, budgeting, human resource management, and report development. Understanding of cost analysis techniques.
- Skill in motivating others to implement their decisions, which requires strong leadership abilities using tact, diplomacy, flexibility, and communication techniques.
- Skill in using financial and information systems.
- Strong skill in restructuring work to make patient flow and other operational systems more efficient.
- Ability to make effective decisions by being open to different opinions.
- Ability to analyze contradictory information and solve problems effectively.
- Ability to analyze financial data and other business data.
BSN or other clinical degree required. Master's degree in health administration or business administration preferred.
Minimum 5 to 10 years of clinical experience with business/management experience. Experience in a GI Medical Practice preferred.
Current state RN license or other clinical license as required by state. Current CPR certification.
Gastroenterology Associates, P.A. is committed to offer competitive market salaries. Benefits include group health insurance, 401k Profit Sharing plan, life insurance, and long-term disability.
Please send resumes to:
Ericka Bartlett at