Position Title: Director of Finance and Controller
Organization: Gastroenterology Associates, P.A.
Location: Hickory, NC
The Director of Finance and Controller is an exempt position responsible for organizing and maintaining financial accounting systems, including accounts payable, general ledger, accounts receivable, employee payroll, provider compensation calculations, cash disbursements, financial statements, vendor relationships and tax information.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develops and plans department objectives with chief executive office and staff including short- and long-range accounting programs in budgeting, profit analysis, accounting systems and internal auditing.
- Directs financial accounting functions to ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial information. Develops and implements policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Oversees budget preparation, reporting and management of budget.
- Works with accountant and CEO to develop and approve financial statements, including balance sheets, profit/loss statements, and analysis of variances in accounts, ratios, income/expense, as well as investment analysis, e.g., effects of fee changes on costs and profits, return on investment.
- Reviews all third party contracts and monitors contract revenues. Interacts with auditors, lenders, and other third party agencies regarding accounting functions.
- Directs the preparation of statistical information and reports for management, government, and other agencies.
- Manages all payroll processes including provider compensation calculations.
- Handles monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts. Works with accountant on month-end closing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of finance and accounting functions, including budgeting, credit investments and internal controls.
- Knowledge of computer systems, spreadsheet and financial systems programs and applications.
- Knowledge of management practices to lead assigned staff.
- Knowledge of strategic business objectives and employee performance objectives.
- Skill in analyzing financial data and preparing appropriate related reports.
- Skill in relating organizational objectives to financial policies on costs, fees, credit, etc.
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, providers, auditors and the public.
- Skill in identifying and resolving accounting and financial problems.
- Ability to delegate responsibility and authority to staff and work under multiple priorities.
- Ability to work creatively with management and department staff to achieve objectives.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly both verbal and written.
Education and Experience: Bachelors degree in finance or accounting. Minimum of five (5) years of progressive management experience including two years in a healthcare organization.
Other Requirements: Masters Degree in Finance preferred. Experience working with Quick Books - preferred.
Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers telephones, etc.
Work Environment: Position is in a well-lighted office environment. Occasional early mornings and weekend work.
Mental/Physical Reuirements: Involves sitting approximately 90 percent of the day, walking or standing the remainder.
Organizational Relationships: Supervises: None, Reports To: CEO
Please respond to: