Position Title: Patient Care Coordinator
Organization: Beacon Prosthetics & Orthotics
Location: Raleigh, NC
Truly understanding what an amputee goes through in life drives the philosophy behind BCP Group and its partners. We provide
innovative prosthetic and orthotic technology and one‐on‐one personal attention to our patients. Our team members
are passionate about providing the highest level of care to patients visiting our clinics across the country.
The Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) facilitates an excellent patient experience and supports clinic operations for the assigned
prosthetics and/or orthotics medical practice. This role is best suited for an individual with healthcare experience who likes people
and embraces technology. Primary responsibilities include greeting and registering patients, compiling complete chart
documentation and supporting clinical and technical staff. Additionally, the Patient Care Coordinator is responsible for maintaining
an organized and clean office environment and patient treatment rooms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The individual functioning in this position has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Answers the telephone and either responds to inquiry, directs caller to appropriate personnel, or initiates a triage email
for response by clinical personnel. Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with patients,
physicians, and coworkers in a tactful, informed and service‐oriented manner.
- Schedules appointments, verifies and updates patient demographics, referral source and insurance information in the
Electronic Medical Record (EMR). Obtains copies of insurance cards, drivers’ licenses and other documentation from referral
sources and scans relevant items into the EMR.
- Maintains complete patient records in the EMR per company policies.
- Initiates documentation requests from physicians and other healthcare providers and ensures information is included as
part of the patient’s medical record prior to product delivery and claim submission.
- Verifies patient insurance benefits, relays information on relevant payment and billing/collection policies and collects
patient responsibility payments.
- Greets and directs patients and visitors with a friendly and welcoming attitude. Maintains a clean, orderly and safe
environment for patients and visitors. Follows infection control/safety procedures by adhering to applicable guidelines.
Takes patient height, weight and reviews relevant medical history with patient. Prepares treatment rooms and patient care
- Provides administrative support to the practice as needed. Strives for a paperless work environment and full‐utilization of
technology‐based processes to drive operational efficiencies.
- Assists in marketing efforts to build relationships with local referral sources.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
A bachelor’s degree is preferred but a minimum of a high school diploma or GED is required along with two years of medical office
experience where an EMR system has been utilized. Medical billing experience and a familiarity with basic medical terminology
- Must have a strong attention to detail, be comfortable with computers, proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and be
able to gather and analyze data.
- Must possess the ability to prioritize and organize work area and maintain accuracy of work
despite multi‐faceted task directions and interruptions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential to this
- Qualified candidates will demonstrate a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- The appropriate candidate for
this position must demonstrate a stable work history.
Please respond to:
Michael Griffin at Michael.Griffin@aalos.net
Medical Group Management Association
|1300 Baxter St., Ste. 360
|Charlotte, NC 28204
|800-753-6462 (toll free)