Position Title: Executive Director
Organization: Alliance Medical Ministry
Location: Raleigh, NC
The Executive Director works closely with the Board of Directors, Medical Director and members of the management team to successfully carry out AMM's mission and to grow the organization in positive directions while aligning with its vision and core values. The new Executive Director will step in to lead the organization into the next phases of growth and to develop strategy enhancements to better serve the working uninsured of Wake County, as well as to prepare for any changes in the medical/insurance environment (e.g., Medicaid expansion). The organization is working to grow its fundraising capacity and will complete an assessment of its fundraising program by the end of the year.
Please read full job description here: http://www.mossandross.com/active-job-searches/
Knowledge and Experience:
- Master's degree preferred and strong non-profit aptitude.
- 10 years or more of progressive management experience primarily in non-profit sector with at least 5 to 7 years in senior level leadership positions.
- Relevant experience with Triangle-based philanthropic sector preferred. Practical experience and knowledge of laws, rules, and regulations relating to non-profits.
- Proven executive level experience leading an organizational team including fundraising, operations, and financial activities (including overseeing IRS-990 development).
- Experience with a comprehensive development program including donor segmentation, donor relationship management, prospecting activity metrics, major gifts, opportunity tracking, forecasting, reporting, and the rigor associated with the execution of a top-notch development process.
- Prior reporting relationship to a non-profit board of directors.
- Related experience in medical/healthcare/insurance sector is a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills. Analytical and decisive decision-maker with ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve organizational goals.
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills. Ability to complete multiple tasks within critical deadlines and a proven and demonstrable prioritization process.
- Strong leadership and management skills. Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach a senior-level staff of divergent personalities to manage and develop high-performance/cohesive teams.
- Strong management background and proven track record. Ability to point to specific examples and ongoing commitment to data-driven program/business evaluation and use of relevant metrics in management process.
- Proficient with various software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong customer-service skills with internal and external contacts. Effective in a collaborative/team environment.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, flexible, and innovative approach to operational management.
Commensurate with experience and abilities and reflective of salary levels in nonprofit organizations.
Submit one document that includes your cover letter (providing your salary requirements and how you learned about the position) and your resume and send via email to:
Chair of the Board
Alliance Medical Ministry
Applications will be accepted through August 6, 2018 or until position is filled.