Position Title: Practice Performance Manager
Organization: Unified Physician Management
Location: Morrisville, NC
The Practice Performance Manager is responsible for hands on Care Center performance analysis leading to enhanced practice revenue production and profitability. Each Practice Performance Manager is responsible for regional profit & loss for UPM and the affiliated practices within the Manager¿s designated region. Responsibilities include: Manage the overall relationship between practice physicians and UPM. Influence, direct and achieve corporate and Care Center objectives utilizing a variety of company resources and internal shared services functions of UPM. Work closely with all UPM departments in achieving high levels of physician and practice manager satisfaction and practice margin expansion. Provide leadership to Care Center partner physicians and office managers in setting and achieving Care Center specific performance objectives. Identify and assist with implementing both top line revenue initiatives and operating efficiencies aimed at achieving best practice targets throughout the region. These include identifying Care Centers for ancillary services expansion and new service line development in collaboration with UPM Practice Development, Medical Director and others. Analyze and make recommendations to the Care Center Accounting team members, payroll and RCM to have a broad, proactive, and consultative approach to Care Center success.
Field Time: It is anticipated that 70-80 percent of the Manager's time is spent in the field working with Care Center partner physicians and practice managers throughout the state of North Carolina.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher, requiring highly developed language and reasoning skills.
- Ability to travel 70-80% of the time throughout the state of North Carolina.
- 5 years' experience in a healthcare organization with broad industry knowledge of patient care management, community-based physician practice management, managed care and care financing at the macro level.
- A skill set of creating an environment for change.
- Ability to deliver results timely and in a pressure filled environment.
- Experience communicating logically and clearly both orally and in writing.
- Highly developed organizational skill and the ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously and on time completion.
- Excellent operational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with managing multiple projects and activities, including experience with medical group practices; experience with OB/Gyn practice management is a plus.
- Effective leadership and management skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work with limited supervision is essential.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others internally and externally.
- Financially astute - ensure reliable and consistent reporting and forecasting of budgets, creating and review of financial analysis/proformas and management of P&L statement.
How to Apply: