Position Title: Certified Professional Coder (CPC)
Organization: Coastal Carolina Surgical Associates, P.A.
Location: Wilmington, NC
Experienced coder needed for high-volume general and vascular surgeons' practice.
- Code and post all office charges daily using current CPT and ICD-10 guidelines
- Code and post all surgical procedure charges in a timely manner using CPT and ICD-10 guidelines and work with physicians to resolve any coding issues prior to posting charges
- Follow up, research, and correct all coding related denials or issues within an appropriate time frame
- Prepare and send appeals for claim denials within an appropriate time frame
- Maintain and update as necessary all codes, including both procedure and diagnosis, used by providers and staff on a yearly basis in practice's EMR
- Report coding changes to practice physicians as changes pertain to physicians' specialties
- Review and research participating insurance companies to ensure ongoing compliance regarding coding and billing updates that affect the practice
- Assist pre-authorization process by providing procedure and diagnosis codes for scheduled procedures to authorized staff
- Prepare, review, and respond to medical record requests from insurance companies for billing
- AAPC certification
- Electronic Medical Record experience
- General and vascular surgery coding experience
Commensurate with experience.
Please respond to: